Thursday, February 12, 2009

Have you ever wondered....

You wake up feeling low on energy, low on spirits.... generally feeling low about life ! But all of this happens without a reason !!! No matter how much you ponder over, the reason remains a mystery.

That is exactly how I felt when I woke up today and started to get to work. I did not enjoy my drive to work nor the nice music from my favorite CD. Was irritated with the security guard at work who wanted to do his job of checking the car's boot and my backpack for "stealth weapons". Reaching my desk, I got online and my friend pinged to say 'Hi' and wanted to know how I was doing. I guess my replies did not portray my usual self and she promptly asked me if everything was OK. I told her that I was down and out and did not know why.

It is then I realized that even subtle responses over an instant message can convey my mood like an X-ray. I decided to change my frame of mind and try not to find reasons for my unhappiness. Instead, I chose to hunt for reasons that would make me happy at work. I have a long day at work staring in front of me, and did not want to walk around exposing my "unknown unhappiness". My team is very quick in scanning my every action :-)

Am almost thru with my day and things dint seem so bad afterall. But somewhere in the corner of my mind the thought still lingers..... "But why?"

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Commenting on your blog for the first time :)

Not a strange feeling, if you ask me..I guess each one of us goes through such times (days, hours, minutes..) when one feels drained out, not physically, but yes, drained out nevertheless. And most often than not, the reason behind this is always a mystery. But then, this too shall pass.. To put it short, yes i have wondered about this too :)

Latha said...

Not sure you have read "The Secret". I love that book and there is a beautiful way of looking at this feeling and come out of it and feel good instantly.

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought"

If you think about it, how we feel is a result is what we are thinking! Our thoughts drive our feelings. When you feel low, stop for a moment and focus on your thoughts and you will catch yourself thinking about something bad that happened, a separation or break-up, thinking about why our life is so lousy , stuck with nothing exciting....

Its our focus on the past that pulls us down. Instead divert your thoughts to the postive, feel good about what you have in life instead of what you dont or what you missed. Focus on what you wish to have and wish for it with your heart. Wake up everyday with the thoughts of Gratitude for the new day, for your job , family and all the good things you have and you will see a great day unfold..

This works wonders for me.... Try it!!! It is our thoughts that drive our moods!!! so change your thoughts to change your mood....

Good Luck.. Be Happy...