Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Joy of Christmas

This year it was a Christmas with a difference. A big dream realized !!!

I have always envied people who can sing effortlessly and most importantly, melodiously. Ive cursed myself for not getting trained in classical music when I was young. But that has never stopped me from singing along, when in a group, or singing in the shower. Most importantly I prefer singing along with my CD player. Makes me sound better than the original playback singer.

Christmas eve was pretty dull at work and we decided to spend the evening by singing our favorite songs. We had 3 guitarists and one of them was an amazing singer too. Hours passed by and we had experimented from carols to kannada film songs. The evening turned to late night and then to early morning.

It was at 7.00 am that Vijay reminded me that we had to leave for home. It was then I realized that I had no recollection of my inhibitions. I sang from my heart, even solos. It dint matter to me what people had to think about my singing skills. All that mattered was that I could sing... sing aloud to the tune of the guitar and that was music to my ears. For once I dint worry about
sounding 'good'.

But, it dint feel 'good'.....

It felt GREAT !!!

No comments: