Saturday, December 5, 2009

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

When I landed in DFW on 13 Aug 2009, little did I know that I would find a friend for life.

With each passing year as I grew up, I began to believe that it was increasingly difficult to find true friends. My belief was that the new acquaintances that I made would remain as acquaintances.

My 4 month stint in Irving proved my whole belief wrong. My first dinner in Irving began with a drive in a black Volkswagen to Carino’s. Its 4 months since…. whether it’s a hair-cut at Sports Clips, grocery shopping at Walmart / Kroger’s, late nite movie shows, trips to Austin – Houston & Oklahoma, pick up and drops to the airport every time I travelled out of DFW, a couple of dozen home-made dinners, or my visit to the Shiridi Sai Baba Mandir on my birthday, its been the same black Volkswagen that has been my ‘vahan’.

I write this blog to respect the thought and deeds of a friend who has always been there for me in this new country. A friend who has never shrugged his shoulders to help me in many ways, without my asking for help or support.

Its truly rare to find such a genuine friend. As Douglas Pagels says, “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be”. I will strive to be a genuine friend to the owner of the black Volkswagen.

Friendship isn’t a big thing, anyways – it’s a million little things. Am happy to have people around me who can fill my life with million little things J.

1 comment:

Rumz said...

:) That reminds me - we haven't gone shopping yet for you-know-who...